Re: excerpt for BlogPosting

From: John Breslin <john.breslin@nuigalway.ie>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 10:05:47 +0100
To: <public-vocabs@w3.org>
> If you think about it, an excerpt is more or less a description of the
post. I know that in the case of my excerpts, I've always (even before
Schema.org came around) tried to choose the excerpts in a way that it
will give the user an idea of what they will expect.

We had a discussion on this in relation to SIOC four years ago; cygriąs idea
was to use dc:abstract for the excerpt version.

http://groups.google.com/group/sioc-dev/msg/352bfad2eeef2f66

The idea was to add a sioc:excerpt term (
http://tuukka.iki.fi/tmp/sioc-2008-05-29#15:27:39 ) but we didnąt get around
to doing it.

Would be useful here I think, and I could see it being used on Drupal etc.
for the snippet before you click on [More...]

John
--
John Breslin www.johnbreslin.org
Lecturer, Electronic Engineering, NUI Galway www.nuigalway.ie