Generic supers: Item, date and content

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2012 15:55:51 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
In trying to map from some simple vaguely blog-like data I ran into
problems with the current vocab that would have been eased if the
following terms existed:

Item (class) - any content-oriented material
a superclass of schema:Article etc. corresponding to rss:item,
atom:entry, foaf:Document, Information Resource

date (property) - any date
a superproperty of datePublished etc. corresponding to dc:date

content (property) - any content
placed alongside schema:description, corresponding to atom:content etc.

I'd suggest that having broadly-defined classes/properties at the top
of the tree will simplify integration across the board.

Background:
http://dannyayers.com/2012/04/05/A-first-taste-of-the-schema.org-carbonated-soft-drink

Cheers,
Danny.