Real Estate sites using Product and Offer?

From: Kurt Maine <kurt@develohost.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 10:25:26 -0700
To: <public-vocabs@w3.org>
I've noticed several real estate listings sites, including one of the
largest (Trulia.com) are marking up their property pages (the page
dedicated to a single home for sale) as a Product, an Offer, or both.

Can someone explain to me the advantage of marking up a real estate
listing as a Product or Offer, as opposed to using the Real Estate
schema.org markup?

Does the use of Product/Offer allow you to use additional useful
properties that Real Estate doesn't?

Any insight into why large, reputable companies may have come to that
decision is appreciated.