No accessibility check?

From: Marino Ceccotti <contact@html4.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 19:57:37 +0200
To: public-unicorn@w3.org

No accessibility check agains the WAI? Why? I know the "user checks"
makes it painful to get a readable report, but I can't imagine web
quality without accessibility. Maybe in a future version?

I don't understand the purpose of the third check ("Check HTML
Compatibility Guidelines for XHTML 1.0")? Doesn't the doctype
declaration suffice?

In the "By direct input" form, what is the purpose of the rightmost
select field?

Tried on http://www.cia.gov instead of "http[S]" -> Error : Mimetype not
found... Stacktrace... yada...

BTW : display:inline-block; should not be considered as faulty, does it?

Thanks for the tool anyway

marino