W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > May 2017

Re: {agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-05-11

From: Pierre-Anthony Lemieux <pal@sandflow.com>
Date: Tue, 9 May 2017 10:32:15 -0700
Message-ID: <CAF_7JxC3dUa-euxn9NJHdiFO+8OaYmpR-hVmctynOwRErgCVvw@mail.gmail.com>
To: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Cc: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Hi Nigel et al.,

Below are specific issues I suggest we cover in the front of the
agenda, as WG action is required to make progress.

- https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/268 [ed.: my take is that the
requested feature is not required for TTML2.]
- https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/263 [ed.: it looks like this can
be closed, unless @r12a comments otherwise.]
- https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/253 [ed.: it looks it can be closed.]
- https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/141 [ed.: need to decide (a)
whether <image> meets requirements and (b) whether to keep Annex M
and, if so, (c) who will do the work to update it]
- https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/128 [ed.: I think this should be
deferred unless someone takes it on and finds an alternative to
breaking xml:id semantics]

> 1. TPAC advanced planning

I recommend this be done electronically, i.e outside of the telecon,
given the limited time we have.

Best,

-- Pierre

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk> wrote:
> This meeting is scheduled for up to 120m. Please be ready for a prompt start
> at 10:03am Boston time.
>
> Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct
> time of this teleconference in your locale may change.
>
> Check
> https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170511T10&p1=43
>
> Thursdays 10:03am-12:00pm Boston local
>
> Joining details:
>
> see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
> (members-only link – if you can't see this and wish to join please contact
> me)
>
> Agenda+ Assign Roles
>
> Chairs: Nigel Megitt
>
> Scribe: usually Nigel – open to offers!
>
> Regrets: Andreas, Thierry
>
> Activity since last meeting:
> See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products
>
> Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
>
> We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
> Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!
>
>
> IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
> TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
> TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
> TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
> TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
>
> WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse
>
> Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead
>
> Check-point for order of topics – I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
> 1. TPAC advanced planning
> 2. TTML issue assignment and progress tracking
> 3. TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc
> 4. IMSC
> 5. HDR in PNG
> 6. Progress on HTMLCue proposal (placeholder)
> 7. WebVTT comments (placeholder)
> 8. AOB – please notify of any other AOB now!
>
>
>
> Reminder re future milestones and meetings:
>
> May Meetings:
>
> Thursday 18th Mary: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
> Thursday 25th Mary: TTWG phone meeting 2 Hour(s)
>
> Further ahead:
>
> Thursday 1st June: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 8th June: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 15th June: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 22th June: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
> Thursday 29th June: TTWG phone meeting ? Hour(s)
>
> IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work
>
>
> Agenda+ TPAC 2017 Advanced planning
>
> As Chair I have completed the WBS survey, requesting:
>
> Attendance for ~10 people.
> No preference for date, meet on any two days.
> Flexible about days.
> Joint meeting with CSS WG and with Web and TV IG.
> Avoid overlap with Web and TV IG.
> Permit observers.
> Not member confidential.
> Estimate ~6 attending technical plenary.
> Estimate ~3 attending AC sessions Tuesday and Thursday.
>
> https://www.w3.org/2017/11/TPAC/Overview.html
>
> Agenda+ TTML issue assignment and progress tracking (20 minutes maximum)
>
> We have a tough goal to resolve our open issues by the end of May. Please
> could you indicate for the coming week which issues you will be able to pick
> up and prepare pull request(s) for?
>
> Additional sub-topic raised last week: process for assignment of issues to
> milestones.
>
> Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc
>
> Horizontal Review:
>
> CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS and Fwd:
> Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS
>
> Internationalisation review by r12a has generated several new issues on
> TTML2 and comments on existing issues (see below), this week mainly about
> alignment with relatively recent CSS developments.
>
> CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for CSS
> 2.2 & request for reviews When can we schedule a review and gather feedback?
>
> Actions:
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-443 open Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension
> features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib. Glenn Adams
> 2016-08-26 TTML2
> ACTION-462 open Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions
> and profiles of ttml" Glenn Adams 2016-04-28 TTML2
>
> Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/
>
> Merged TTML1 Pull Requests:
>
> Clarify application of padding (#221)
>
> Merged TTML2 Pull Requests:
>
> Issue 0203 add examples of ja features part 2
>
> Issue 0296 inline block
>
> Add note re: bopomofo
>
> Updated tts:writingMode example (issue #269)
>
> Open TTML1 Pull Requests: None
>
> Open TTML2 Pull Requests:
>
> Modified tts:direction example (#262)
>
> Adds xml:lang to metadata examples (issue #271)
>
> New TTML1 Issues: None
> New TTML2 Issues:
>
> Typos in rubyOverflow example
>
> Closed TTML1 Issues:
>
> Do tts:origin and tts:extent apply to the padded rectangle or the content
> rectangle?
>
> Closed TTML2 Issues:
>
> Add examples of new features commonly used with Japanese content (2 of 2)
>
> Replace automatic inline block generation with explicit
> tts:display='inlineBlock'.
>
> Does tts:backgroundImage affect size of content area?
>
> Regarding initial value of tts:lineHeight
>
> tts:writingMode example is not helpful
>
> Discussed TTML1 Issues: None
> Discussed TTML2 Issues:
>
> Adds xml:lang to metadata examples (issue #271)
> It should be easier to specify direction for RTL script users
> The uniqueness of xml:id needs to be broken for some uses of condition
> Styling using tts:direction: there should be an `auto` value
> Use a more typical example for tts:direction
> Should we allow more overhang for Chinese?
> Support for bopomofo ruby needed
> No mention of isolation for directional controls
> Embedded graphics don't fully meet requirement
> Add support for Audio Description requirements
> Reference versioning
>
>
> Focus topic(s) for this week
>
> Open Pull Requests (50 minutes)
>
> Can we reach consensus to merge the open pull requests or understand what
> changes are needed so that they can be merged?
>
> Issues (remaining time)
>
> Follow-up on previous discussion re Whitespace handling – can we agree what
> we want? See also Clarify whitespace handling when xml:space="default" and
> Ambiguity regarding tab (U+0009) processing in significant whitespace.
>
> Inclusion of foreign namespace elements – is it only permitted on metadata
> elements, or anywhere? Do we need additional conformance language? See also
> IMSC issue foreign namespace usage is underspecified
>
> Consider applying ipd or bpd to content images – can we agree what we want
> to happen here?
>
> Are we able to agree the desired outcome for Interpreting the pixel measure
> ?
>
> A PR was merged early (direct commit) for How to specify aspect ratio to
> understand positioning that may apply for display or video - does this do
> what we need? Last comment on the issue was Jan 6.
>
> Given the recent discussions, are we in a position to propose a syntax and
> semantic to resolve Should background of a span be height of text in line or
> computed lineHeight? in a way that can reasonably be contributed to CSS WG
> for their proposed equivalent?
>
> AD Requirements
>
> Given the discussion on Add support for Audio Description requirements do we
> need to review the AD requirements document formally?
>
> See also: AD Requirements wiki page.
>
>
>
> Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
> See spreadsheet of editorial actions at
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
> Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at
> https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md
>
>
> Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
>
> What are our next steps? We will need to Create tests for CR exit criteria
>
> IMSC 1.0.1 WD for Wide Review published at
> https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.0.1/
> IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/
> Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html
>
> Editor's draft is directly viewable at
> http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
> IMSC Implementation Page:
> https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.
>
> Unicode CLDR discussion
> Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
> Pierre's response to the recent update is at
> http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
> Email response from Shervin at Unicode
> https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html
>
> Merged pull requests: none
>
> Open pull requests: None
>
> New or discussed issues:
>
> Determination of the color in leading in tts:fillLineGap
> ittp:activeArea clarification
>
> Closed issues:
>
> Draft the privacy and security review questionnaire answers
>
>
>
> Agenda+ HDR in PNG
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-495 open Update the ttwg homepage and publications pages for the new
> repos Thierry Michel 2017-04-20
>
> Repo for PQ HDR in PNG: https://github.com/w3c/png-hdr-pq
> Draft WG Note: https://w3c.github.io/png-hdr-pq/
>
> Merged pull requests: none
>
> Open pull requests: None
>
> New or discussed issues: None
>
> Closed issues: None
>
>
> Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-441 open Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.
> Andreas Tai 2015-11-05
>
> See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for
> further information on this, this week.
>
> Also HTML import and HTMLCue? email from 2016-09-06.
>
> [placeholder agenda item]
>
> Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback
>
> ID State Title Person Due Date Associated with
> ACTION-396 open Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for
> the archive David Singer 2015-04-17 WebVTT 1.0
>
> Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.
>
> WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review
>
> Open Pull requests:
>
> Add requirements for region identifier to exist.
> Ruby issue264
>
> Merged Pull requests: None
>
> New issues: None
> Closed issues: None
>
> Recently discussed issues:
>
> "Attempt to consume an HTML character reference,…"
> incomplete ruby implementation [I18N-ISSUE-431]
>
>
> Agenda+ AOB
>
> References
>
> Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
>
Received on Tuesday, 9 May 2017 17:33:11 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:40 UTC