W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > February 2017

{agenda} TTWG Meeting 2017-02-09

From: Nigel Megitt <nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 7 Feb 2017 17:50:27 +0000
To: Timed Text Working Group <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-ID: <D4BFB955.365E7%nigel.megitt@bbc.co.uk>
This meeting is scheduled for up to 60m. Please be ready for a prompt start at 11:03am Boston time.

Once again, at the new time 1 hour later than the "old" time

Our teleconference is scheduled with reference to Boston Time, the correct time of this teleconference in your locale may change.

Check https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20170209T11&p1=43

Thursdays 11:03am-12:00pm (or from 10:00am for 2 hour meetings) Boston local

Joining details:

see https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-tt/2016Oct/0009.html
(members-only link  if you can't see this and wish to join please contact me)

Agenda+ Assign Roles

Chairs: Nigel Megitt

Scribe: usually Nigel  open to offers!

Regrets: none

Activity since last meeting:
See individual agenda items for recent activity on specific products

Cross-product TTWG board: http://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/board/
We are still using tracker for actions unrelated to issues.
Please do not add or modify issues in tracker!

IMSC: https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pulse
TTML1: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pulse
TTML2: https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pulse
TTML Profile Registry: https://github.com/w3c/tt-profile-registry/pulse
TTML-WebVTT mapping: https://github.com/w3c/ttml-webvtt-mapping/pulse
WebVTT: https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pulse

Agenda+ Prioritise discussion for this meeting and look ahead

Check-point for order of topics  I'd suggest, subject to reordering:
1. IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)
2. TTML issues, actions, PRs etc
3. Progress on HTMLCue proposal (placeholder)
4. WebVTT comments (placeholder)
5. AOB  please notify of any other AOB now!


Reminder re future milestones and meetings:

February Meetings:

Thursday 9th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 16th February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 23rd February: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

Further ahead:

Thursday 2nd March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour (NM hard stop at end)
Thursday 9th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 16th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 23rd March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour
Thursday 30th March: TTWG phone meeting 1 hour

IMSC 2 and TTML2 publication events: see the timeline of upcoming work at https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/Publications#Timeline_of_TTML2_and_IMSC2_work


Agenda+ IMSC (now incorporates Unicode ticket)

IMSC 1.0.1 update

IMSC 1.0.1 FPWD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/ttml-imsc1.0.1/
IMSC 1 Rec available at https://www.w3.org/TR/2016/REC-ttml-imsc1-20160421/
Patent policy call for exclusions sent 2017-02-03, archived at https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2017Feb/0006.html

Editor's draft is directly viewable at http://w3c.github.io/imsc/imsc1/spec/ttml-ww-profiles.html
IMSC Implementation Page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText/IMSC1_implementation_page.

Unicode CLDR discussion
Unicode ticket is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915
Pierre's response to the recent update is at http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/ticket/8915#comment:9
Email response from Shervin at Unicode https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0018.html

Merged pull requests: none
Open pull requests:
Fixes typo in altText example <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/pull/207>
New or discussed issues: none
Closed issues: none


Agenda+ TTML1 & TTML2 issues, actions, PRs, editorial actions etc

Horizontal Review:

CSS Review of TTML2, threads: FW: TTML2 horizontal review with CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0013.html> and Fwd: Subtitle/caption styling + TTML + CSS<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0019.html>

CSS 2.2 request for reviews from TTWG et al: Pre-announcement of CR for CSS 2.2 & request for reviews<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Dec/0017.html> When can we schedule a review and gather feedback?

Actions:
ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-443<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443/edit>     open    Prepare a document showing mapping arib ruby extension features to ttml2 for use as a liaison document to arib.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/443>   Glenn Adams     2016-08-26      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>
ACTION-462<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462/edit>     open    Create issue on ttml2 to add "mapping from other versions and profiles of ttml"<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/462>   Glenn Adams     2016-04-28      TTML2<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/4>

Most recent WD published at https://www.w3.org/TR/2017/WD-ttml2-20170106/

Merged Pull Requests:
Issue 0222 padding percentage<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/241>
Add tts:textShadow example and modify semantics<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/218>
Apply additional style properties to tt:image, allow @style on tt:image (#232).<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/pull/234>
Open Pull Requests:
Clarify application of padding (#221)<https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/pull/233>
New TTML1 Issues: none
New TTML2 Issues:
<emphasis-position> vs CSS text-emphasis-position + Mongolian<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/240>
3D and images<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/239>
Closed TTML1 Issues: none
Closed TTML2 Issues:
Percentage values in `tts:padding` do not match CSS<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/222>
Typo in Note in 10.3.7.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/223>
Typos in Examples in Appendix P.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/226>
No begin times in Pop-On example in Appendix P.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/227>
Rename safeCropArea to activeArea<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/235>
Apply missing style properties to tt:image.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/232>
Discussed TTML1 Issues: none
Discussed TTML2 Issues:
Mismatch between CSS and TTML2 text align styling on <span><https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/238>
The term "vertical scripts" needs formal definition.<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/230>
Add support for compositing a TTML2 document onto HDR video<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/233>
http://www.w3.org/ns/ttml/profile/imsc1/extension/#linePadding is not supported<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/237>

Focus topic for this week
3rd (or 4th) time lucky?
Please prepare your thoughts for discussion of what background-on-span-affecting semantics should be supported in TTML2, covering at least the issues:
Should background of a span be height of text in line or computed lineHeight? #101<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/101>
Ways to make span background height be lineHeight #150<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/150>
Clarify semantics of content bpd for inline and line areas #163<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/163>
Add support for adjacent background area merging #189<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/189>
This is in the context also of how we resolve the recently discussed IMSC 1.1 issue: Control background between adjacent lines <https://github.com/w3c/imsc/issues/195>

If we have time I would also like us to begin thinking about:
Add security and privacy section. #224<https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues/224>


Current open issues: https://github.com/w3c/ttml1/issues and https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/issues
See spreadsheet of editorial actions at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/ednotes.xlsx
Edit/build instructions now in README in ttml2/spec/ at https://github.com/w3c/ttml2/blob/master/spec/README.md


Agenda+ HTMLCue proposal progress update.

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-441<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441/edit>     open    Kick off the analysis work on the vttcue carrying html idea.<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/441>      Andreas Tai     2015-11-05


See https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Apr/0012.html for further information on this, this week.

Also HTML import and HTMLCue?<https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2016Sep/0003.html> email from 2016-09-06.

[placeholder agenda item]

Agenda+ WebVTT review feedback

ID      State   Title   Person  Due Date        Associated with
ACTION-396<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396/edit>     open    Produce evidence of request for wide review for webvtt, for the archive<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/396>   David Singer    2015-04-17      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>
ACTION-473<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>[(edit)]<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473/edit>     open    Contact co-chairs and essential parties on how to move forward on vtt; need an action plan<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/actions/473>        Thierry Michel  2016-06-30      WebVTT 1.0<https://www.w3.org/AudioVideo/TT/tracker/products/8>

Discussion on WebVTT review feedback and next steps.

WebVTT Wide review wiki page: https://www.w3.org/wiki/WebVTT_Wide_Review

Open Pull requests: Add requirements for region identifier to exist.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>.<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/201>
Merged Pull requests: Fix for #325<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/pull/326>
New issues:
Unused Variable 'seen cue'<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/324>
Closed issues:
Wrong name in 'collect WebVTT region settings'<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/325>
Recently discussed issues:
Add Security and Privacy Considerations section<https://github.com/w3c/webvtt/issues/323>

Agenda+ AOB

References

Wiki http://www.w3.org/wiki/TimedText
Received on Tuesday, 7 February 2017 17:50:58 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 5 October 2017 18:24:37 UTC