W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tt@w3.org > January 2009

minutes from TTWG call january 9, 2009

From: Geoff Freed <geoff_freed@wgbh.org>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 10:44:54 -0500
To: "public-tt@w3.org" <public-tt@w3.org>
Message-id: <E36081A12A13F146AC32D7724B0E8912075B9015B1@EXCHCCR.wgbh.org>


Timed-text working group minutes 1/09/2009


Present:
David Kirby (DK, co-chair)
Geoff Freed (GF, scribe)
Philippe le Hegaret (PH)
Andrew Kirkpatrick (AK)

Regrets or absent:
John Birch (JB)
Glenn Adams (GA)
Sean Hayes (SH, co-chair)


======
-- Current editor's draft of DFXP at http://dev.w3.org/2008/tt/spec/ttaf1-dfxp.html

-- Group members must read and respond to issues survey by January 23, after which time we may consider having longer telecons to deal with items on the list.  Details below.
======


Minutes from call

DK:  Review of current status via agenda.  Issues list growing faster than we are checking them off.  Will we still make our deadlines?  Some issues may be outside of the charter.

PH:  Making good progress on test suite.  Still a few holes, but not bad.  Timing tests still missing; SH working on that.  Must complete the suite and run implementations against it.  Andrew?

AK:  Did I not send in the Flash version of file to run?  

PH:  No, please do so.

AK:  Will do.

PH:  After Adobe and MSFT implementations are run, we'll be in better shape.  More worries regarding the actual spec.  May not make last call by the end of January; perhaps end of February or March.  That's still okay.  If we don't make significant progress by the end of January we may want to consider a F2F or longer telecons.

DK:  Do the issues still fall within the charter?

PH:  So far, yes.

AK:  Longer calls may be warranted to get these details addressed.

PH:  We know that some tests won't apply to basic profile; if we don't have implementations for these features they will be removed.

DK:  Are we also looking for examples that aren't specifically for the test suite, but just to show how DFXP can be used?

PH:  Yes, these types of examples will prove to W3C directors that such features need to be left in even if we have no tests for them.

AK:  We need examples that use features that may not be implemented by players?

PH:  That's an idea.

GF:  Would it be a good idea to dedicate a call or two to dealing with the issues list?

PH:  That's what the survey SH wanted would do.

DK:  Would the survey include all items in issues list?

PH:  No, just the items that SH sent in December.  We've added more since then.

DK:  Any reason not to send the survey to the list?

PH:  Will send it as soon as possible.  How long do we want to allow to review and answer the survey?

GF:  Two weeks?

PH:  Two weeks it is.  Responses due by January 23, 2009.

DK:  Plan to have a longer meeting on January 30 to go through items that need to be discussed, and also to talk about dynamicFlow.

DK:  We're moving ahead at a reasonable pace, but won't reach last call at the end of January.

PH:  March will still be okay from the W3C point of view.

DK:  Wanted to ask Glenn about the draft of DFXP, but he's not here.

PH:  Glenn began editing and incorporating our changes in December, so he is up to date.

DK:  Glenn has some actions left outstanding, such as default region.

PH:  Not sure if he dealt with that yet.

DK:  Can we see the latest draft?

PH:  Sent link to the list on December 14 (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tt/2008Dec/0149.html); take a look.  Still will have some significant changes to the spec, however, to make sure it makes sense.

DK:  Look at action items currently open.  PH look into default values for styling.

PH:  Apologies, not yet done.  Soon.

DK:  Look into xml:id or id.  Agreed to use xml:id, so close item #19.

DK:  Glenn to write tests for section 9, layout, and section 11, animation.

PH:  Nothing yet from Glenn.

DK:  Item #21 for SH, section 10/timing.  Next is metadata, item #12/metadata.  Will do that next week.

PH:  We have plenty of metadata in the tests now so shouldn't take long.

DK:  Must cover role and description; others.  Some of the tests I did for section 6/parameters, some involve drop frame.  Could GF look at these?

GF:  Will do.

DK:  Item #26, default region.  Glenn will do.

DK:  One more action item for Glenn: move extent back to the TT element (see minutes from 12/12/08).

GF:  Since test suite is in good shape, what is next big thing to deal with?

PH:  Issues list and survey are next most important things to do.

DK:  Must be sure that we have the test suite complete in two weeks?

PH:  Most important stuff to finish is timing; others not so vital right now.  

DK:  How can we verify correct implementation of metadata?

PH:  May not be able to verify if metadata isn't displayed on the screen.

DK:  Must find out from SH if he can deliver the timing test suite.

PH:  SH was working on it before the holidays.

GF:  Will go over test suite coverage and style tests and make sure all gaps are filled there.

DK:  Any other issues to deal with on call today?  Otherwise will wait for PH to send survey to list.

Will end call early; get started on the survey; have a one-hour call next week and then think about having longer calls.
Received on Friday, 9 January 2009 15:48:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 2 November 2009 22:41:40 GMT