Re: sample tests [and framework]

From: Philippe Le Hegaret <plh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 13:29:26 -0500
To: geoff freed <geoff_freed@wgbh.org>
Cc: public-tt@w3.org
On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 10:44 -0500, geoff freed wrote:
> > I started to include some of the examples from the specification as
> > well. It would be nice if the examples in the specification can work
> > as-is if the feature is supported.
> >
> > Some issues we face, among others, with regards to the implementation:
> > - no support for xml:id
> >  We know that one already.
> Sight change-- future releases of NCAM's CCforFlash and the ccPlayer
> will support both id and xml:id.  The next software update will be in
> a few weeks.

That's a good news. I also encourage you to look at the tests that I
wrote since I ran into some issues with the ccPlayer...

It would be good to know from Andrew where their player stands on xml:id

> > btw, I also have a small web application that will take those tests
> > and
> > display them in the NCAM and JW Player implementations. It also allows
> > one to generate a report as well. If folks are interested and no one
> > objects, I'm happy to commit this framework as well. I'm also happy to
> > integrate other implementations as well, based on an implementation
> > example running in a Web page.
> Sounds worthwhile.  Can you send a pointer to an example?

I attached the framework to this message.
1. Unzip
2. copy the ccPlayer.swf (and player.swf from JWP if you want to) in
  (I didn't include them because of possible licensing issues)
3. open testsuite/web-framework/START.html into your favorite browser.
Hopefully, it will work (I tested it with a few web browsers but one
never know...). Feedback is welcome of course.