Iterating toward a solution

From: <lists@wiltgen.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 08:25:53 -0800 (PST)
To: <public-tt@w3.org>

Johnb@screen.subtitling.com wrote...

> Geoff, I think we are discussing the TT standard with largely different
> perspectives, in that I am hoping for a standard that defines a mechanism
> **just** for the transport of Unicode characters together with timing
> information that controls when and for how long it is displayed.

It would certainly be possible to start with this as a base.

What is the list etiquette for posting examples of possible solutions?  I'm
thinking that if we started with a minimal extensible solution, we could
iterate toward a solution more quickly.

Translation:  Less talk, more action!   :^)

-- Charles Wiltgen
   <http://playbacktime.com/>