Re: ISSUES 151 and 153

Hi Walter,

Apologies, I don't understand this proposal. Are these normative requirements necessary or useful for interoperability?

We do already have consensus on requirements beyond syntax documented in the TPE, if that's what you are trying to prevent. Alternately, how recipients interpret signals or might respond or disregard seems well beyond the control of a specification. While I suspect that what you have in mind is better addressed in Compliance (if it's about when compliant services must not disregard a DNT preference), if you explain your goal a little better, we might be able to find alternate text that accomplishes it more clearly.

Thanks,
Nick