Re: Management/Discovery of compliance regimes

From: David Singer <singer@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2014 17:15:13 -0800
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org (public-tracking@w3.org)" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation)" <mts-std@schunter.org>
Sure, thanks

I think that the users and sites need to be able to have a Ďdialogí and hear what each are saying, thatís the essence.  Lee expressed it better than I did, I think.  We have spent a lot of time trying to make sure there is transparency, and at the moment, if there are multiple compliance regimes we can neither express to the user what we are enabling them to ask for if we donít link the preference to some sort of compliance, nor can we express to the site what the user and user-agent were seeking;  all we can do is take remedial action (such as Roy suggested) that the site canít see or divine the reason for.  We can do better.

On Jan 8, 2014, at 13:06 , Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> in order to contain our discussion on how to manage compliance URLs, I have created ISSUE-242:
>    https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/242
>
> For now, I suggest to postpont the issue since it is not yet 100% clear whether we agree on the URL-based solution that is currently in the editors draft.
>

> Regards,
> matthias

David Singer