Re: Action for ISSUE-112: Sub-domain and cookie-like rules

yes, I could do the edits to correspond to

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-tracking/2013Jan/0001.html

To keep as simple as possible, I would add the following to site-specific exception requests:

interface NavigatorDoNotTrack
 {

    integer storeSiteSpecificTrackingException (optional sequence<DOMString> arrayOfDomainStrings, optional optional siteName, optional optional explanationString, optional optional detailURI);

};

interface NavigatorDoNotTrack
 {

    integer storeSiteSpecificTrackingException (optional sequence<DOMString> arrayOfSameParty, optional sequence<DOMString> arrayOfTargets, optional optional siteName, optional optional explanationString, optional optional detailURI);

};

This establishes a site-specific exception for not only the document origin, but also all the sites named in arrayOfSameParty. Those site-names MUST be members of the same-party element of the well-known-resource at the site that is the document origin.

(Consistency checks of the claims of same-party-ness belong with the text on the same-party resource).

and change

While the user is browsing a given site (top-level origin), and a DNT header is to be sent to a target domain, if the duplet [top-level origin, target domain] matches any duplet in the database, then a DNT:0 header is sent, otherwise DNT:1 is sent.

On Jan 21, 2013, at 14:18 , Matthias Schunter (Intel Corporation) <mts-std@schunter.org> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> during our last call, we agreed to pursue cookie-like subdomain handling.
>
> AFAIR, you volunteered to push ISSUE-112 towards text (with Shane and Aleecia).
> I created a corresponding action for you ;-):
> https://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/actions/355
>
> Is this OK?
>
> Regards,
> matthias