W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-tracking@w3.org > February 2013

Revised agenda for Monday and Tuesday in Cambridge

From: Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2013 11:10:33 -0800
To: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org>
CC: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
Message-ID: <CD3AB70B.6DAB7%peter@peterswire.net>
Here is our revised agenda for Monday and Tuesday.  All times Eastern U.S. This is a work in progress as we adapt to conditions, but we expect to keep the group call times in the slots of 1:30 to 3:30 Monday and11:00 to 1:00 Tuesday so people participating remotely know that these times are where we especially are asking for your input.

Monday, February 11

9:00:  Room at Strata Center is open, with wifi.

11:30  Lunch is served.

12:15: Begin opening session.  Includes logistics discussion for online calls.  After general introduction, Swire will provide work plan for each of the approximately four or five groups.  Focus on uses, including possible mechanisms for limiting length of time URIs are retained (and for what purposes).

1:30 to 3:15: Group calls, with a moderator, scribe, and chat room planned for each one.  If you will not be attending in person, but expect to participate in the group calls, please email Yianni Lagos at ylagos@futureofprivacy.org<mailto:ylagos@futureofprivacy.org>.

3:15 to 3:45: Break.

3:45 to 5:15: Read-out from the group calls, with lessons learned and discussion of permitted uses, retention of URIs, and related topics.  Depending on time, we may have fairly short prepared presentations (15 minutes) on German tele-media law (use of pseudonyms there) and market research. (Actual finish time may vary between 5:00 and 5:30.)

5:15: Adjourn to reception, in same building, with warming drinks and light food.



Tuesday, February 12

08:30 - 9:00
Registration and Coffee

9:00 – 10:30

Welcome Back (Chairs)
•       Review agenda
•       Assign scribes
•       Review of W3C process (Deliverables, drafts, getting to closed, consensus decision process, formal objections, status ofremaining issues)

De-identification materials presented by Ed Felten.  Swire will provide work plan for each of the approximately four or five groups.  Focus on de-identification, including the language in current text based on FTC test for de-identification, and cases that should be (or not be) considered sufficiently de-identified to meet the standard.  Also, discuss terminology of “de-identification” vs. “unlinkable” or alternatives.

10:30 - 11:00
Coffee Break

11:00 - 12:30

Group calls, with a moderator, scribe, and chat room planned for each one.  If you will not be attending in person, but expect to participate in the group calls, please email Yianni Lagos at ylagos@futureofprivacy.org<mailto:ylagos@futureofprivacy.org>.

12:30 - 14:00
Lunch

14:00 - 15:30
Read-out from the group calls about de-identification.

Begin discussion of other issues in compliance spec.  These discussions are intended in part to educate the chair and other new participants about the lay of the land on these issues.  Where possible, we will also assign action items to move toward closure on these issues.

Current candidate lists of issues to discuss:

•       Service provider
•       Definitions of first and third parties, including intentionality
•       Geolocation
•       Definition of “tracking”
•       Others?

15:30 - 16:00
Coffee Break

16:00 - 17:30

Continue discussion of remaining compliance issues andwrap-up of Day 2


Professor Peter P. Swire
C. William O'Neill Professor of Law
    Ohio State University
240.994.4142
www.peterswire.net

From: Thomas Roessler <tlr@w3.org<mailto:tlr@w3.org>>
Date: Friday, February 8, 2013 9:56 AM
To: Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net<mailto:peter@peterswire.net>>
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>" <public-tracking@w3.org<mailto:public-tracking@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Cambridge Face-to-Face begins mid-day Monday

On 2013-02-07, at 18:09 -0500, Peter Swire <peter@peterswire.net<mailto:peter@peterswire.net>> wrote:

-The start of the conference will be moved back to 12:15 p.m. eastern on Monday.  This allows more stakeholders to arrive, and arrive safely, in time for the meeting. Lunch will be servedbeginning at 11:30 a.m.

Those of you who might be there early on Monday morning would be welcome to use the main meeting room as a work space before the meeting starts -- or to mingle and chat.  There's high-bandwidth open wifi available.

The main meeting room is the "Star" conference room at Stata Center, room 32- D463; we expect to have signage up to point you at the room.

Floor plan attached.

[cid:A5788F31-CC4A-40B0-87C9-67991E73DE77@home]



stata-star.png
(image/png attachment: stata-star.png)

Received on Friday, 8 February 2013 19:11:20 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Friday, 3 November 2017 21:45:04 UTC