Re: ACTION-253 ISSUE: 119 and ACTION 208 ISSUE-148 Response signal for "not tracking" and definition for DNT:0

On 9/18/12 12:57 PM, David Singer wrote:

>>> yup.
>>>
>>> 'indicates an explicit indication by the user that they have not asked not to be tracked' is the tightest literal meaning, but I hate sentences with that number of negatives.  can anyone do better?
>> Perhaps: "indicates an explicit indication by the user that they are willing to be tracked"
> probably good enough, and we can avoid the repetition by using a simple 'is'
>
> "is an explicit indication by the user that they are willing to be tracked (by the site receiving the header)"

It still bothers me to use the word "tracked" without defining it.
Although intro and explanatory text talks about users expressing
preferences with regard to tracking, I don't think the spec actually
says that in light of DNT:1 a site may not track. Instead it lists out
fairly complex terms about what a party may or may not do, without
mention of tracking.