Re: ACTION-253 ISSUE: 119 and ACTION 208 ISSUE-148 Response signal for "not tracking" and definition for DNT:0

On Sep 17, 2012, at 12:17 , Joseph Lorenzo Hall <joe@cdt.org> wrote:

> On Mon Sep 17 15:02:41 2012, David Singer wrote:
>>> We still need a definition of DNT:0 for the exception mechanism,
>>
>> yup.
>>
>> 'indicates an explicit indication by the user that they have not asked not to be tracked' is the tightest literal meaning, but I hate sentences with that number of negatives.  can anyone do better?
>
> Perhaps: "indicates an explicit indication by the user that they are willing to be tracked"

probably good enough, and we can avoid the repetition by using a simple 'is'

"is an explicit indication by the user that they are willing to be tracked (by the site receiving the header)"

David Singer