Re: explicit-explicit exception pairs

From: Rob van Eijk <rob@blaeu.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2012 22:36:49 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Hi Nick, Ian,

It is maybe a bit out of place to mention, but the point you raise on
the mix of advertisers that received opt-out cookies or not brings back
the short discussion I had with Travis on his auto-opt out solution for
the whole dynamic ad-chain. To me it reads (site/*) for opt-outs. (See
the thread 'DNT ad tag solution').

On 5-3-2012 22:27, Travis Pinnick (Truste) wrote:
> your assumption is correct - if the DNT header is detected, the user
> will receive opt-out cookies for all parties in the ad serving chain.
> the implementation of the individual opt-out cookies is specific to
> each ad entity - the opt-out manager simply passes the user's
> preference to the given companies,  therefore we don't control
> specifics like cookie expiration dates.

Isn't there anything in the passing-mechanism we can re-use for exceptions?

Hope this thought helps,
Rob