Re: Examples of successful opt-in implementations

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:29:48 +0200
To: ifette@google.com
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org Group WG" <public-tracking@w3.org>
* Ian Fette wrote:
>So, I'd like to re-raise my question of whether anyone has actually
>successfully managed to deploy an opt-in compliant website in the wild...

I do not know about entire websites, but as far as general opt-in
schemes go, variants of http://www.heise.de/extras/socialshareprivacy/
are widely used on commercial german-language websites. They require
you to "activate" "social media services" before resources for them
are loaded from third party servers. http://heise.de/-1612977 would be
an example use (below "Permalink"). They are not meant to affect any
ads or analytics or other services, but are certainly "successful".