Re: Examples of successful opt-in implementations

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 22:30:50 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org, ifette@google.com
Cc: Vinay Goel <vigoel@adobe.com>, "rob@blaeu.com" <rob@blaeu.com>
I think nobody is asking for that. I think we try to do something
useful and non-invasive. There is some wiggle room that we can take.

On Thursday 14 June 2012 11:13:28 Ian Fette wrote:
> But if I've adequately captured the ask for the rest of proposal,
> e.g. Basically something that requires the user to click something
> somewhere each time they visit a website for the first time, with
> no way to say "stop bugging me about this crap, unbreak my
> Internet!" that would make me shed tears of European origin

P.S. Great idea this "stop bugging me with this crap, unbreak my
Internet! -Button". When will you implement that? Once you have it,
I would change browser and even abandon Konqueror. :)