Re: ACTION 124

From: Jeffrey Chester <jeff@democraticmedia.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:36:27 -0500
Cc: "public-tracking@w3.org" <public-tracking@w3.org>
To: "Amy Colando (LCA)" <acolando@microsoft.com>, JC Cannon <jccannon@microsoft.com>
I have a question, which I hope we can discuss on call.  Under Microsoft's proposed definition of First Party, would all the data it plans to use for its Ad Exchange be exempt from any DNT request?

As one of your colleagues explained discussing Microsoft expansion of its Australia/NZ  ad exchange targeting:  "We are in the process of building a capability across our group of companies to effectively capture and use the wealth of data we have across our assets including Windows Live, Xbox, Cudo, iSelect, Rate City, Ticketek, Hoyts, Nine rewards and over 80 ninemsn sites. We would then be able to overlay this data offering onto our inventory."http://www.exchangewire.com/apac/2012/02/21/microsofts-marc-barnett-on-the-microsoft-advertising-exchange-in-australia-nz-relationships-with-third-party-buyers-and-channel-conflict/#more-15579