tracking-ISSUE-125: Way to test if a given user agent supports DNT [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

From: Tracking Protection Working Group Issue Tracker <sysbot+tracker@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2012 20:15:38 +0000
To: public-tracking@w3.org
tracking-ISSUE-125: Way to test if a given user agent supports DNT [Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)]

http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/track/issues/125

Raised by: Shane Wiley
On product: Tracking Preference Expression (DNT)

See action-84 for the history here. We are looking for a way for those receiving no DNT signal to know if that's because the user hasn't made a choice, or if it's because the user has a user agent that doesn't support DNT. We hope to address this via action-122.