Re: Behavior of user agents after granting exceptions

John,

yes, the _change of state_ by the user is always seen as an expression of a
preference. And this works for all 3 states. From "unset" to DNT;1;from
DNT;1 to DNT;0 or from "unset" to DNT;0. I have discussed with Ian Fette in
Washington, that it would be good to have a question in the startup screen
asking for initial state. Rob said it would read like "do you want to allow
your browser to express your consent (by the DNT mechanism)?. Ian was
opposed to it. Others found it less problematic.

Rob also said, that simply sending DNT;0 is not the entire story for Europe
as there has to be "informed consent". So we have to add some non-normative
wording to the "global considerations" document to make clear what was meant
and what is needed for the EU. But this wouldn't affect compliance with the
DNT Specifications and merely give a hint for the additional regulatory
requirements in the EU.

Hope that helps

Rigo