Re: Tracking Preference Expression Spec Suggestion

Hi Andy,

Thanks for the note. I'm not entirely sure I understand the suggestion: is the idea that the header mechanism could be used to send DNT:0 to certain sites (even when Do Not Track was not broadly enabled) to indicate consent for tracking? I believe that possibility is covered in part by "6.6 Exceptions without a DNT header" http://www.w3.org/2011/tracking-protection/drafts/tracking-dnt.html#exceptions-when-not-enabled

Or are you thinking of the opposite situation: that a user might not have expressed a general Do Not Track preference for all their web browsing, but still want to send DNT:1 in some situations? I believe that's also compatible with the current text of the specification, but maybe that isn't clear to readers (or perhaps others in the Working Group even disagree).

Thanks,
Nick