Re: Behavior of user agents after granting exceptions

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 16:38:34 +0200
To: public-tracking@w3.org
Cc: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>, ifette@google.com
On Friday 13 April 2012 22:10:48 Matthias Schunter wrote:
> This heuristics is in general not permitted as the default. Installed as
> default (without obtaining a user preference), it would send DNT;1's
> that do not reflect any collected preference

To further the violent agreement, let me add that DNT expressions without
being a reflection of the user's express intent would not fulfill the EU
requirements for consent either. If we say DNT is a reflection/expression of
a user's preference, we have to constrain it to something that at least
remotely has something to do with a willful act from the user.

Best,