Re: Behavior of user agents after granting exceptions

From: Matthias Schunter <mts-std@schunter.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2012 22:10:48 +0200
To: ifette@google.com
CC: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>, public-tracking@w3.org
> I would view what you describe as "Similarily, a privacy-enabled user
> agent may do some heuristics like "In general I send DNT;1 but for
> sites that are on my whitelist, I send nothing (or DNT;0)" as being
> non-compliant.
You are right: This heuristics has a bias towards DNT;1 and therefore
can only used if the user has expressed a general DNT;1 preference
(which I assumed but did not write).
This heuristics is in general not permitted as the default. Installed as
default (without obtaining a user preference), it would send DNT;1's
that do not reflect any collected preference.

matthias