From: Rigo Wenning [mailto:rigo@w3.org]
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2013 03:11 PM
To: Chris Mejia
Cc: 'public-tracking-international@w3.org' <public-tracking-international@w3.org>; 'peter@peterswire.net' <peter@peterswire.net>; 'tlr@w3.org' <tlr@w3.org>; Mike Zaneis; 'lou@aboutads.info' <lou@aboutads.info>; 'mgroman@networkadvertising.org' <mgroman@networkadvertising.org>
Subject: Re: Agenda: Global considerations F2F meeting 11-12 Berlin

Chris,

are you suggesting to change one agenda item to talk about the APEC
enforcement agreement? Can you point me to interested stakeholders from
Asia? That would be great.

Of course this will start off with the European considerations as the
agenda is dictated by the Draft EU Regulation and the need for a user
control mechanism that could work and get the debate to a higher level,
get usability considerations into the debate etc.

W3C has a host in Japan and one in China. Asia is normally rather a
follower in the area of data protection. Once the dust has settled a bit
over the EU considerations, we will take into account the Asian market.

Australia is special. My friend Malcolm Crompton was federal data
commissioner there. He urged me to take the APEC guidelines on board.

So there are plans, but there is little time. I'm grateful for all
possibilities to get more involvement from Asia that does not involve me
making things personally, as I have too long a task-list to be really
effective getting it off the ground.

 --Rigo