Re: Cues with 'start time' >= 'end time'

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 6:34 AM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012, Silvia Pfeiffer wrote:
>>
>> I agree. Keeping such faulty cues in the objects will just result in a
>> need for extra error handling in the browsers and other implementations,
>> which have to continuously check if the next cue in the TextTrackCueList
>> is valid before attaching callbacks and doing rendering etc.
>
> Actually, if they just implement the spec, it all just works, as far as I
> can tell. The algorithms mostly don't even need to check for this.
I was thinking about missed cues: the exit event is dispatched before
the enter event. Also, for missed cues with start time = end time,
even if it's common sense, any dispatch order is theoretically
correct.

If there's some extra logic in the web page that depends on this
order, it might lead to complications.

Victor