Re: Cues with 'start time' >= 'end time'

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 1:34 PM, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:

>> > I don't see the value.  If it's an invalid cue, then it's no different
>> > than losing a cue that happens to have a syntax error.
>>
>> In fact, if we don't lose it, they may never notice their mistake,
>> seeing as it ends up in the cue list structure.
>
> I'm not sure who "they" means here. A cue editor that wants to expose this
> can trivially do so by just showing all cues with negative durations.

I meant the WebVTT file authors with "they". I was mostly thinking
about those that use a Web browser to author their files and look at
what JavaScript lists for finding out whether their cues got parsed. A
more intelligent editor should indeed expose the problems during
authoring.