Re: Permissions UI & Necessary API

On 15 May 2014, at 15:51, Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com> wrote:

>> Seems unnecessary to have this return a promise, IMO. Just make it an attribute.
>
> Yeah, the reason for that was to make it work with Promise.all as suggested by Nikhil. However, it seems whatever passed to Promise.all is converted to a promise by means of Promise.cast, so we could make it an attribute as you suggest.

It appears some implementers would prefer to have hasPermission() return a Promise, at least for some APIs:

  http://lists.whatwg.org/htdig.cgi/whatwg-whatwg.org/2014-April/254176.html

Chrome is collecting stats on the usage of the sync .permission, so we should get some data on how widespread the usage is.

Thanks,

-Anssi