Re: Permissions UI & Necessary API

From: Kostiainen, Anssi <anssi.kostiainen@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2014 12:51:41 +0000
To: Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com>, "Sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>
CC: "reeder_29@yahoo.com" <reeder_29@yahoo.com>
On 14 May 2014, at 16:40, Marcos Caceres <w3c@marcosc.com> wrote:

> On May 14, 2014 at 4:51:14 AM, Kostiainen, Anssi (anssi.kostiainen@intel.com) wrote:
>>> Promise hasPermission ();
>
> Seems unnecessary to have this return a promise, IMO. Just make it an attribute.

Yeah, the reason for that was to make it work with Promise.all as suggested by Nikhil. However, it seems whatever passed to Promise.all is converted to a promise by means of Promise.cast, so we could make it an attribute as you suggest.

Details aside, I think the main question is does such an interface make sense in the first place?

Thanks,

-Anssi