Re: question about screen_size in Runtime and Security Model

On 20/02/13 21:31, Lars Knudsen wrote:
> I think it's good that you are working on a spec to encapsulate what is
> needed to make it somewhat easy to do generic app descriptors for web
> apps - as opposed to fiddling with all kinds of Apple (or other)
> specific tags and tricks to make webapps behave the same across
> platforms.  However, I am not too fond of the spec proposal I found on
> github, where the screen_size options seem limited to minimum width/height.

I'm personally not a big fan of this but this is a feedback from our
Apps team that said application developers wanted it. I think the point
is that application made for Desktop or Tablets might not work well on
Mobile and sometimes developers don't want to spend the required time to
make it work via media queries. I am not sure that any hack can prevent
that given that at best you will have a very small content or a
scrollable area. Unless the real issue is dpi or screen size?

Anyway, I think we might need something like that in a 'requirements'
field (ie. renaming of 'required_features').

Cheers,
--
Mounir