Re: Contacts API draft

From: Poussa, Sakari <sakari.poussa@intel.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2012 09:25:09 +0000
To: "public-sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>
RE-posting to the list since Chris's original post will sit in the moderation queue for few days.

BR; Sakari

On 10/26/12 12:00 PM, "Dumez, Christophe" <christophe.dumez@intel.com<mailto:christophe.dumez@intel.com>> wrote:

Hi,

We have uploaded an initial draft proposal of the Contact API to:
http://sysapps.github.com/sysapps/proposals/contacts_intel/Overview.html

It is based on the corresponding Tizen and B2G APIs:
https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ContactsAPI
https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.web.device.apireference%2Ftizen%2Fcontact.html
https://developer.tizen.org/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.tizen.web.device.apireference%2Ftizen%2Ftizen.html

For now, the Contacts and Filtering APIs are merged in one document (as requested by Adam Barth). However, the filtering API is generic and could be moved out of this specification if we wish to use it in other specifications as well.

We are looking forward to your feedback.

Kr,
--
Christophe Dumez
Linux Software Engineer, PhD