Re: Messaging - SMS API draft

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 6:45 PM, EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA <efc@tid.es> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have uploaded an initial draft of the SMS API [1], which is based to a
> great extent on the Firefox OS (B2G) WebSMS API [2], and which has been
> jointly prepared by Jose M. Cantera and myself, willing to act as
> co-editors of this spec.
>
> Looking forward to your feedback.
>
> Regards,
> Eduardo.
>
> [1] http://sysapps.github.com/sysapps/proposals/Messaging/SMS.html
> [2] https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/WebSMS

Just a some  quick notes:

- should we support standard folders line inbox, sent, drafts, outbox,
saved, and custom ones?

- should we remove search and filtering for now, and discuss this together
with call history search and other similar use cases? Call history API was
omitted exactly because of this reason.
Or, alternatively, we could discuss this subject in general now, come up
with a pattern and use it in every API.

- IMO we should design this API together with MMS, email and p2p IM API's,
in order to align them as much as possible, since many attributes and use
cases will be common. Should I send proposals for these?

- I assume binary SMS with port is not covered by this API. Will we define
Push Messaging API too?

Best regards,
Zoltan