Re: Messaging - SMS API draft

On 10/24/2012 07:51 PM, Kis, Zoltan wrote:
> Just a some  quick notes:
>
> - should we support standard folders line inbox, sent, drafts, outbox,
> saved, and custom ones?

I'm not sure why this is needed. This API tries to be higher level than
those folders. A received message will be in Inbox, those sent in Sent.

Outbox and Draft should probably be handled by the app itself. If I
receive or send a message, I would expect them to be in APP1 and APP2.
However, if I try to send a message from APP1, seeing a "Retry" UI in
APP2 might be odd. Same thing with drafts: I wouldn't expect a draft
wrote in APP1 to show up in APP2. The current API allows application to
have the exact Outbox/Drafts behaviour.

> - should we remove search and filtering for now, and discuss this
> together with call history search and other similar use cases? Call
> history API was omitted exactly because of this reason.
> Or, alternatively, we could discuss this subject in general now, come up
> with a pattern and use it in every API.

I think the first released document should probably include this because
it's a basic feature.

--
Mounir