Re: Telephony API draft

Hello,

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 4:27 PM, Göran Eriksson <gaperik@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Perhaps a stupid question but may I ask about the assumptions around the
> implementation of the API: do You assume it to be directly tied to the
> telephony stack on the modem- be that a CS Telephony stack or an IMS based-
> or will there be a layer beneath allowing the user/ developer to pick
> underlying provider, similar to the approach in some Android API's?
>
> Regards
> GE

The proposal as it is now targets CS Telephony only (no VoLTE support yet)
and on the default SIM card. However, there were talks about a separate API
for picking the provider.
My personal take on this is that I would like to have TelephonyService
objects in the Telephony API which would represent SIM cards, HFP profile,
SIP account, XMPP account, etc. That would give a mechanism to support for
instance VoLTE domain selection (and SRVCC with simpler implementation). I
have a draft for this and would not introduce big changes to this API.

However, the reasoning was to go in smaller steps and try to consolidate
the basic telephony API first.

Best regards,
Zoltan