Re: Telephony API draft

On Mon, Oct 22, 2012 at 12:45 PM, Jonas Sicking <jonas@sicking.cc> wrote:

> The API as it's currently defined isn't enough to implement a
> recording feature. There's no way to actually access the recorded
> calls and play them to the user, and there's no way to specify the
> file format parameters to be used to record the call.
>
> So I definitely think that we need to change the API from it's current
> state.

There is 2 ways forward:
1. remove the recording feature for now
2. add playback interface.

About choosing file formats... isn't the default format good enough to
store and play back? The systems have the codecs anyway if you can make a
call. I think that specifying transcoding formats is the 0.5% use case
which we shouldn't go into in this API. There can be a separate app or API
for it.

I think we spent too much time on this minor feature, and there are far
more important thing ahead, so I can accept removing this feature for now,
in order to move on.

Eduardo, Jose, your call :).

Nevertheless, I am very interested to get the assumptions/requirements
aligned about where is the limit between native vs. web implementations
(see previous email).

Regards,
Zoltan