RE: Options we have with respect to the draft charters (i.e., RE: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS)

From: Shi, Xuan <xshi@GEO.WVU.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 11:04:43 -0500
To: "'Dan Brickley '" <danbri@w3.org>, "'drew.mcdermott@yale.edu '" <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Cc: "'public-sws-ig@w3.org '" <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

I recommend this 87-page paper "Towards a Semantic Web for Culture" by Kim
H. Veltman which can be accessed at:

http://jodi.tamu.edu/Articles/v04/i04/Veltman/veltman.pdf

The so-called "Semantic Web" in nature is "logical Web", the result is even
XML people cannot understand RDF/OWL due to those logics and the way of RDF
presentation. That's why this technology is not well accepted and deployed.
That's why I said here before, the more complex the system, the less the
user. It's the same to developing semantic Web services.