Re: Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS and WSDL 2.0 RDF mapping

On Thu, Nov 17, 2005 at 03:54:00PM +0100, Jacek Kopecky wrote:

> Hi Massimo,
>
> as one of the editors of the WSDL 2.0 RDF mapping, I think I can answer
> this question.
>
> Semantic annotations on WSDL will take the form of XML elements and
> attributes to be embedded in WSDL documents as appropriate. The
> information in these attributes and elements can also be caught in RDF
> and attached appropriately to the RDF form of the WSDL document. So
> basically the WSDL/XML extensions need equivalent WSDL/RDF extensions,
> which should be a few properties and classes above what the WSDL
> ontology provides.

This seems to be what's required to formalize the modelReference,
which, I speculated below (earlier), can be affixed to any part of the
component model. This seems to me to be a reasonable chunk of work for
a charter. (I'm suggesting limiting the charter to this work.) I can
imagine service selection tests like:
  read (foo.wsdl, bar.wsdl, baz.wsdl)
  match (input, http://bar.example/msgSmnts#bar)
  expect (bar.wsdl)

where bar.wsd is the only one that has an operation/input of a type
that has a modelReference of http://bar.example/msgSmnts#bar .
Service selection tests are exciting in themselves, but they proove
the necessary ingredients for composition.

--
-eric

                        5322 Endo, Fujisawa, Kanagawa 252-8520
                        JAPAN