Re: Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS and WSDL 2.0 RDF mapping

Hi Massimo,

as one of the editors of the WSDL 2.0 RDF mapping, I think I can answer
this question.

Semantic annotations on WSDL will take the form of XML elements and
attributes to be embedded in WSDL documents as appropriate. The
information in these attributes and elements can also be caught in RDF
and attached appropriately to the RDF form of the WSDL document. So
basically the WSDL/XML extensions need equivalent WSDL/RDF extensions,
which should be a few properties and classes above what the WSDL
ontology provides.

WSDL 2.0 RDF mapping does not deal with extensions in general, every
extension has to have its own mapping if the information is to be
representable in RDF usefully.

Hope this helps,

Jacek