Re: Semantics for Web Services Characterization

Bit late joining this discussion but I wanted to pick up on something
Steve said.
Namely  "The proposal is to find out and demonstrate what can't be
achieved
with the current Web Services technologies.". One of the missing pieces
as I see it is defining the bahvior of a single service. In WS-CDL we
define the
common and collaborative behaviour. We have need for an end point view
of behavior that is sound so that we can project to it. It seems to me
that such
behavior is pretty important for any understanding of semantics which
might
be used for composition (statically or dynamically). Any thoughts on
this?

Kohei Honda, Nobuko Yoshida and Marco Carbone will have some input on
this as part of their work on formalisation underpining WS-CDL. They
have a
precise description of an end-point language that does just this. The
chances
are in will become a working note from WS-Choreography WG so you would
be welcome to pick it up and run with it.

I'd be interested to hear more on what the ideas are around behavioral
semantics.
Any comments?

Cheers

Steve T