Question about Service Discovery

From: Jyotishman Pathak <jyotishman@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:24:32 -0600
To: jpathak@cs.iastate.edu
Cc: "Public-Sws-Ig@W3. Org" <public-sws-ig@w3.org>, owl-s@lists.mindswap.org

Hi,

I am a beginner with the SWS technologies and have been doing some
reading about the service discovery mechanims, mostly focussing on the
OWL-s approach.

What I can decipher is that, the "profile" is used by the service
provider (to describe the capabilities) & service requestor ( to
specify the request). Based on this, I have a couple of questions: --

1.) Do we assume that the service requestor and the provider use the
same ontology to describe the IOPE's ?

2.) If yes, then do we achieve "real" interoperability ? I think we
are constraining ourselves as it is unrealistic for requestors &
providers to have the same/shared ontologies.

3.) If no, can you give me an example of a service request &
advertisement which uses different ontologies ?

4.) I believe the WSMO approach tries to address few things about
mediation between ontologies. Should we do something like this for
OWL-s too ?

I will really appreciate some feedback on these issues.

Regards,
Jyoti.