Re: Relation between OWL and OWL-S

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 09:07:28 +0900
Cc: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
To: "Jun Shen" <jshen@it.swin.edu.au>

On Nov 24, 2004, at 8:53 AM, Jun Shen wrote:

> Bijan,
>
> Hope CMU's CODE and your efforts in HTN planning in SHOP2 make OWL-S
> more
> popular. Easy-to-deploy tools are so important.

No question.

I'll also point to SRI & the Protege groups effort to produce an OWL-S
editor pluging for Protege, Evren's OWL-S API, and similar efforts.

Of course, CODE and the OWL-S editor are focused on *producing*
descriptions. What *kind* of description will allow useful automation,
even within the bound of what OWL-S encourages, is a different issue,
alas.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.