Re: Getting on, and a virtual Meeting [via Semantic Web Interfaces Community Group]

Hi Benjamin,

Nice to know about your interest and your willingness to contribute, when
circumstances allow you to do so.

I'm particularly interested in the design guidelines you mention. Are you
talking about guidelines when developing user interfaces on top of semantic
data?

I'm really interested in this topic. I've already visited the user
experience evaluation based on heuristics (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic_evaluation) but they are usually too
generic and in most cases reduce the evaluation to making the user
interface follow the conventions of Web applications (or desktop or mobile
applications depending on the kind of heuristics).

It would be really interesting to build a list of guidelines specific to
interfaces on top of semantic data but, is there something special in such
user interfaces? And, if it is so, is that desirable from a UX point of
view? Shouldn't it be better that users didn't have to bother about the
underlying technologies?

I would really appreciate hearing the opinions about these issues from
people from the swisig list.

Best,

Roberto García
Associate Professor