Re: Getting on, and a virtual Meeting [via Semantic Web Interfaces Community Group]

From: Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 17:17:49 +0000
To: Roberto García González <roberto.garcia@udl.cat>
Cc: public-swisig@w3.org
Thank you Paul H, Benjamin and Roberto for starting introductions and a
good question
to start with ;-)

regarding our virtual meeting, only Roberto filled out the doodle, since
Roberto and I have had a recent in person meeting, I think we may shift the
virtual meeting to later, when enough people have time and interest to join

regarding Roberto's questions below:

> It would be really interesting to build a list of guidelines specific to
> interfaces on top of semantic data but, is there something special in such
> user interfaces? And, if it is so, is that desirable from a UX point of
> view? Shouldn't it be better that users didn't have to bother about the
> underlying technologies?
>
> I generally start building a user model, identifying different use cases
(different users may have different requirements), the design and evaluate
different interfaces/features,
then write up guidelines for developers to make sure they keep in mind
whatever
lessons  (what works/what does not work)

I think our cfp does identify some unique issues which characterize swi

would something like that work for this group too?

PDM