Re: FW: Now it's RDF vs Microformats

From: Danny Ayers <danny.ayers@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 14:05:48 +0100
To: "Uldis Bojars" <uldis.bojars@deri.org>
Cc: public-sweo-ig@w3.org

On 26/02/07, Uldis Bojars <uldis.bojars@deri.org> wrote:

> People who are more involved with microformats may prove me wrong, but
> currently I do not know of another universal and efficient way to store data
> collected from different microformats.

I've not heard anyone say it yet, but presumably it would be fairly
straightforward to store aggregated microformat data in a HTML doc,
query it with jQuery or XPath.

I could imagine it being as universal as the microformats get,
efficiency is another matter. (But for smaller datasets the RDF
toolchain probably wouldn't be any faster).

I haven't yet thought of a counter-argument that doesn't rely on a lot
of "if..."s and "potentially..."s.

A while ago I argued with one of the cabal, I suggested it would be
silly to put every record of a train timetable in a separate HTML file
rather than using e.g. a relational DB. In retrospect it doesn't seem
quite so silly - after all, each record is a legitimate resource...

Cheers,
Danny.

--

http://dannyayers.com