[SKOS] application in indexing and search

From: Johan De Smedt <Johan.De-smedt@tenforce.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 08:41:46 +0100
To: "public-esw-thes@w3.org" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, "public-swd-wg@w3.org" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

Hi,

In order to make applications of SKOS representations,
I am looking for standardization efforts, projects or products which are using SKOS to configure indexing and search engines.
In particular I want to find out in how far
- interfaces need to be made to map SKOS into indexing/search engines
  or if such engines are starting to use SKOS
- how are these engines configured (e.g. support for inference over SKOS
  - inverse, symmetric and transitive proverties
  - property chains
- in how far are mapping properties supported in e.g. federated search
- in how far is content classification supported if we mark up content (e.g. via RDFa) using dc:subject

Thanks for pointers or references.

Kind Regards,
   Johan De Smedt
johan.de-smedt@tenforce.com