Re: [SKOS] application in indexing and search

From: Irene Celino <irene.celino@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 18:38:24 +0100
To: Johan De Smedt <Johan.De-smedt@tenforce.com>
Cc: "public-esw-thes@w3.org" <public-esw-thes@w3.org>, "public-swd-wg@w3.org" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Hi Johan,
maybe you could be interested in having a look at Squiggle [1] semantic
search engine and its demo implementations [2][3]. The approach we used for
exploiting SKOS in indexing and searching is described in the paper [4] and
in the SKOS use cases at [5].

HTH,
Irene

[1] http://swa.cefriel.it/Squiggle
[2] in the music domain: http://squiggle.cefriel.it/music
[3] in the skiing domain: http://squiggle.cefriel.it/ski
[4] Irene Celino, Emanuele Della Valle, Dario Cerizza, and Andrea Turati:
"Squiggle: a Semantic
Search Engine for indexing and retrieval of multimedia content", In
Proceedings of First International Workshop on Semantic-enhanced Multimedia
Presentation Systems (SEMPS 2006), co-located with the first international
conference on Semantics And digital Media Technology (SAMT 2006), December
2006, Athens, Greece; available at
http://swa.cefriel.it/download/CEFRIEL-Celino-DellaValle-Cerizza-Turati_Squiggle_SEMPS2006.pdf
[5] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/EucSquiggleDetailed

Irene Celino