W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > March 2008

[All] Agenda - Mar 18 - 1500 UTC - Europeans note time!

From: Thomas Baker <baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:29:00 +0100
To: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Message-ID: <20080317182900.GA3860@octavius>

Agenda - Mar 18 2008 SWD telecon - 1500 UTC 
W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group
      http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/
      http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
      Tuesday, 1500 UTC / 0800 Seattle / 1100 Boston / 
               1500 London / 1600 Amsterdam
      Phone
          Boston: +1-617-761-6200
          Nice: +33-4-8906-3499
          Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
      Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
      irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd (member-only)

Chair: Tom
Scribe: Clay (on deck: Margherita)
Regrets: Elisa, Vit

Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to 
registered WG participants and persons invited 
by the chairs.

======================================================================

1. ADMIN (10 min)
---------------------------------------

NOTE: Starting with the 11 March call, the weekly telecons
will be at 1500 UTC (instead of 1600 UTC, as now).  Because of
differences in the start of Daylight Savings Time (Summer
Time) Europeans will need to join the call one hour earlier
than usual (e.g., 1600 instead of the usual 1700 in Amsterdam)
for the telecons of 18 and 25 March.  You can double-check
your timezones here:

2008-03-18 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=18&year=2008&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=0
2008-03-25 http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?month=03&day=25&year=2008&hour=15&min=00&sec=0&p1=0

Next telecon: 25 March 2008 *1500* UTC (see above)

Upcoming telecons and scribes -
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/ScribeDuty

    Mar 25     Margherita  (Manu)
    Apr 01     Manu        (Vit)

Minutes of the Mar 11 telecon:

   http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html

   -- Two "pending" actions: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0059.html

ACTION: Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for SKOS until July 1st [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01]

ACTION: Guus to set up a poll for a meeting 6-8 May with different possible venues Amsterdam, Boston, London or Washington [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action02] 

======================================================================
2. SKOS - see schedule http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS

-- SKOS Primer (Antoine, Ed)
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-primer-20080221/

ACTION: Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13]

-- SKOS Reference (Alistair, Sean)
   http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080125/
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosReference20080125 - comments captured here

ACTION: Sean to propose a way to handle deprecated properties (updating RDF schema) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/02/12-swd-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]

-- SKOS-XL: eXtension for Labels
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosDesign/SKOS-XL?action=recall&rev=2
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0003.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Open" SKOS Issues - http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/3

-- Issue priorities as of 21 February (Alistair)
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0096.html

-- Issue-40 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/40 - ConceptCoordination (Alistair)

ACTION: Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept Coordination) [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09]

-- Issue-37 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/37 - SkosSpecialization (Alistair)
-- Issue-56 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/56 - ReferenceSemanticRelationshipSpecializations (Guus)

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0037.html - thread here

-- Issue-67 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/67 - StatingFormalDefinitions (Alistair)
   http://www.w3.org/mid/47D514FD.5060104@zoo.ox.ac.uk - Alistair proposed resolution

   PROPOSED: To state formal aspects of the SKOS data model in the main
   body of the SKOS Reference as sentences of prose following the style of
   prose used in the RDF Schema specification
   <http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/REC-rdf-schema-20040210/>. An OWL ontology
   will also be given as an appendix to the SKOS Reference, however the
   prose in the main body of the SKOS Reference will take precedence.

-- Issue-71 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/71 - ParallelMappingVocabulary (Alistair)
   Issue-74 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/74 - MappingPropertyConventions (Alistair)

   Discussion thread starts at:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Feb/0095.html

-- Issue-80 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/80 - SKOS-OWL-Patterns (Alistair)

======================================================================
3. RDFa - see RDFa Overview document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/
        - see also schedule http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#RDFa

-- RDFa Task Force telecons

    Last telecon: http://www.w3.org/2008/03/13-rdfa-minutes
    Teleconferences on Thursdays, 1600 UTC - open to "everyone interested in RDFa"
    irc://irc.w3.org:6665/rdfa, conference code 7332# ('RDFa').

ACTION: Ralph and Ben to publish web version of the new RDFa Primer [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action06]

ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in [recorded in 
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]

ACTION: Ben to clarify target date of publication of primer as note and update deliverables page [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/04-swd-minutes.html#action08]

======================================================================
4. RECIPES

-- Verify schedule March through December 2008 
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#Recipes

   http://www.w3.org/mid/B0AAC07C-6A27-421A-8E62-523A40EC6D0A@madcreek.com

-- Tim's comment on Cool URIs
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0036.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Mar/0057.html

ACTION: Diego, Jon and Ralph to coordinate Recipes examples for w3c site [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/11-swd-minutes.html#action09]

ACTION: Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default behavior" [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] 

ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes implementations] [recorded in [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] 

======================================================================
5. VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT - see
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VocabularyMgt

-- Verify schedule March through July 2008 
   http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#VM

2008-02-05. New Editor's draft posted at:
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/Vocab/principles-20080204

-- 
Tom Baker - tbaker@tbaker.de - baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
Received on Monday, 17 March 2008 18:29:47 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 17 March 2008 18:29:47 GMT