W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > August 2008

meeting record: 2008-08-18 SWD WG telecon

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:13:17 -0400
Message-Id: <5.1.0.14.2.20080819131135.04a13be8@127.0.0.1>
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org

The record of today's SemWeb Deployment Working Group telecon [1]
is now available for review.  Thanks to Quentin for scribing.

  [1] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes

A text snaphot follows.

----

                                SWD WG

19 Aug 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0030.html

   See also: [3]IRC log, previous [4]2008-08-05

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-irc
      [4] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html

Attendees

   Present
          Tom Baker, Ralph Swick, Ed Summers, Quentin Reul, Alistair
          Miles, Antoine Isaac, Guus Schreiber, Sean Bechhofer, Diego
          Berrueta, Ben Adida, Clay Redding, Jeremy Carroll, Daniel
          Rubin

   Regrets
          Jon Phipps, Margherita Sini

   Chair
          Guus

   Scribe
          Quentin

Contents

     * Topics
         1. Admin
         2. SKOS
         3. RDFa
         4. Recipes
         5. AOB
     * Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Admin

   RESOLVED to accept minutes of the last telecon:
   [12]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html with correction
   ISSUE-83 => ISSUE-123

     [12] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html

   Next telecon: 26 Aug

   Group agreed to meet next week

SKOS

   2 reviews of the SKOS reference have been provided

   Sean: started to address comments made by Guus
   ... Wiki has the text from the review and shows progress
   ... discussion required about one or two of Margherita's comment
   ... Guus asked to discuss section 1.5

   <seanb> [13]SWD/wiki/SKOS/Reference/Planning

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/Reference/Planning

   Guus: says that the explanantion for integrity constraint is unclear

   Sean: often if an assumption is made and if a property doesn't have
   a domain and range that this can be an error
   ... However, this is not correct

   Alistair: wasn't sure how to express the idea

   Guus: part can be dropped as not essential to the argument

   Sean: do you propose to drop the whole pragraph?

   Guus: only people knowledgeable about DL wouldn't know this is an
   error
   ... Make explicit that datatype don't have to be made explicit

   Sean: No objection if the comments are addressed

   Guus: would like to get an email showing how the different comments
   have been addressed

   Sean: The wiki addresses this and then will send an email version of
   the wiki page

   Guus: the revision should be made available by next Tuesday for a
   decision to be made at next telecon
   ... question about cardinality in appendix 2.2

   Alistair: thought it was correct

   Guus: difference between local and global constraints
   ... is the intended semantic should always be 1?
   ... text seem to suggest it should be precisely one label

   ACTION: Sean and Alistair to propose a revised SKOS Reference for
   the last call by Fri 22/08/08 [recorded in
   [14]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action01]

     [14] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer re.
   concept co-ordination [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02] [DONE]

     [15] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02

   <edsu> [16]Concept Coordination text for SKOS Primer

     [16] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0032.html

   ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and equivalence
   w/r/t subclass [recorded in
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [WITHDRAWN]

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08

   <Ralph> from the March 18 meeting record:

   [[
   Sean: make skos:broaderGeneric rdfs:subPropertyOf rdfs:subClassOf .
   Guus: if you look at the broader definition it's not clear
   ... need more dicussion
   Alistair: if you have broaderGeneric as a subPropertyOf subClassOf
   ... through broaderGeneric
   ... requires more thought
   Sean: no theoretical reason for having super as transitive
   Guus: proposal was to write some primer text on it and should be
   fine
   ]]

   Ed and Antoine said it was not required anymore

   ACTION: Alistair to update the history page adding direct link to
   latest version of rdf triple [recorded in
   [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [CONTINUES]

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01

   ACTION: Ed to write a note on SKOS-XL in the Primer [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action10] [DONE]

     [19] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action10

   Antoine wrote the proposal

   <edsu> Antoine, thanks for picking that skos-xl primer stuff up

-- primer status

   Antoine has published on the wiki the latest editor's draft

   <Ralph> [20]new editor's draft of the SKOS Primer Antoine
   2008-08-19]

     [20] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0041.html

   it could be considered for publication

   except that 2 items have still to be addressed

   1. Tom has some editorial comments (minor)

   2. Comment made by Alistair about example to be modified

   Ed is currently addressing this problem now

   <aliman> ed sounds great

   Ed: the example is going to be adapted to be more real

   3. Related to comment on reference wrt to provenance and name graph

   The problem is caused by the Primer referring to the reference

   Alistair: no current plans

   Guus: propose to re-use text from previous reference

   Antoine: the section was empty, and not really sure how to solve it

   This is wrt section 2.5 and 3.1

   <seanb> [21]Draft Primer

     [21] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/DraftPrimer?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=SKOSPrimer-080819.html

   Antoine: propose solution to remove reference to these sections in
   the primer

   Alistait: could refer to Web Conference paper on name graph

   Ralph: to refer to this work in progress on named graphs could be
   confusing to SKOS readers

   Sean: would be stranged to say there isn't any mechanism to do this

   Ralph: it's currently true, unless an example showing SPARQL usage
   is created

   Alistair: SKOS Reference doesn't cover this issue

   ACTION: Ralph and Guus to review the Primer Editor's Draft [recorded
   in [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action06]

     [22] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action06

RDFa

   Ben: The [23]implementation report has been submitted

     [23] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/implementation-report/

   <Ralph> [24]RDFa Implementation Report and Reviewed Editors' Draft
   [Ben 2008-08-19]

     [24] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0044.html

   Ralph: Does this need to be formally reviewed?

   The syntax draft should also be reviewed

   Guues: thought the task force wanted to have a review of the
   implementation report

   <Ralph> we're not proposing to publish the Implementation Report as
   a Group Note, are we?

   Ben: Ask the reviewer (Ed and Diego) to check wether changes are ok

   ACTION: Ed and Diego to review the latest RDFa Syntax Editor's Draft
   [recorded in
   [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action07]

     [25] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action07

   ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa (with
   assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [26]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] [DONE]

     [26] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14

   Ralph: what about CURIE Last Call draft review?

   Guus: take that under other business

   <Ralph> [I'd have liked to take that up before Ben left, but ok]

Recipes

   Guus: Is anything blocking publication?

   Ralph: no, I just dropped the ball. Very sorry to Jon and Diego

   ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of Recipes
   implementations] [recorded in
   [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]
   [CONTINUES]

     [27] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20

   ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group Note
   [recorded in
   [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [CONTINUES]

     [28] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03

AOB

   a. Minimum RDFa metadata set for WG deliverables

   Diego: I changed the formatting as Ralph requested
   ... I'd like to add some examples
   ... regarding GRDDL, I added a section on how to use GRDDL
   ... I'd like to discuss this section -- whether it's relevant or not

   <berrueta> --> [29]SWD/wiki/AddingRDFaToTR

     [29] http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/AddingRDFaToTR?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=draft.html

   Ralph: Section "How to use GRDDL?" needs to have some such material
   to be included
   ... the current markup could be confusing however
   ... i.e. TR markup with RDFa

   Diego: changed the name of the document wrt the document name

   Ralph: No problem with the title as mainly using RDFa

   Sean: Problem with HTML tag in the document

   Diego: Content negotiation could be the problem

   Sean: though it was caused with DTD

   Ralph: I have no objection to the change in title from "RDFa" to
   "metadata", but the justification is NOT that we're using more than
   RDFa

   Diego: problem has not been evaluated as problem with W3C markup
   validator

   ACTION: Diego to put the Wiki page on RDFa metadata in a Note form
   [recorded in
   [30]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action11]
   [CONTINUES]

     [30] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action11

   <Ralph> [I'd say that Diego's action is done :) and now we're
   reviewing it ]

   b. Review CURIE Syntax 1.0 by Sep 5

   "[31][Fwd: Last call announcement: CURIEs]" [18]

     [31] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Aug/0029.html
     [18] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01

   [32]http://www.w3.org/TR/curie/

     [32] http://www.w3.org/TR/curie/

   Ralph: Revision of the RDFa syntax addressing solution in CURIE
   ... This group through the RDFa are co-author of the Curie syntax
   and as such we were asked to review the document

   Jeremy: What if CURIE spec are rejected but NOT RDFa?

   Ralph: No answer can be made @ the current time

   Discussion to be postponed to next week

   ACTION: Jeremy to review Curie syntax doc by Sep 05 [recorded in
   [33]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action12]

     [33] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action12

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: Ed and Diego to review the latest RDFa Syntax Editor's
   Draft [recorded in
   [34]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action07]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jeremy to review CURIE syntax doc by Sep 05 [recorded
   in [35]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action12]
   [NEW] ACTION: Ralph and Guus to review the Primer Editor's Draft
   [recorded in
   [36]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action06]
   [NEW] ACTION: Sean and Alistair to propose a revised SKOS Reference
   for the last call by Fri 22/08/08 [recorded in
   [37]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action01]

     [34] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action07
     [35] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action12
     [36] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action06
     [37] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/19-swd-minutes.html#action01

   [PENDING] ACTION: Alistair to update the history page adding direct
   link to latest version of rdf triple [recorded in
   [38]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Diego to put the Wiki page on RDFa metadata in a
   Note form [recorded in
   [39]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action11]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Jon and Ralph to publish Recipes as Working Group
   Note [recorded in
   [40]http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03]
   [PENDING] ACTION: Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
   Recipes implementations] [recorded in
   [41]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]

     [38] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/17-swd-minutes.html#action01
     [39] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action11
     [40] http://www.w3.org/2008/06/10-swd-minutes.html#action03
     [41] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20

   [DONE] ACTION: Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
   (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
   [42]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ed to investigate what text could be added to primer
   re. concept co-ordination [recorded in
   [43]http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02]
   [DONE] ACTION: Ed to write a note on SKOS-XL in the Primer [recorded
   in [44]http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action10]
   [WITHDRAWN] ACTION: Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and
   equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in
   [45]http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
   [End of minutes]
     _____________________________________________________

     [42] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14
     [43] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/22-swd-minutes.html#action02
     [44] http://www.w3.org/2008/08/05-swd-minutes.html#action10
     [45] http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [46]scribe.perl version 1.133
    ([47]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/08/19 17:11:21 $

     [46] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [47] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Tuesday, 19 August 2008 17:14:12 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Tuesday, 19 August 2008 17:14:13 GMT