W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > November 2007

RE: Meeting record: 2007-11-20 SWD telecon

From: Reul, Q. H. <q.reul@abdn.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2007 13:01:17 -0000
Message-ID: <2AD2401FC36E784094D0B3375FDA6CE8B6C6C2@VMAIL2.uoa.abdn.ac.uk>
To: "Antoine Isaac" <aisaac@few.vu.nl>, "SWD WG" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
Hi Antoine,

You are absolutely correct. It was the update of the document to show how skos concepts are different from owl classes that was dropped as defined below.

> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
> relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
> *[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair to update semantics document to listing ways
> in which SKOS diverges from OWL DL [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action06] *[DROPPED]*

Regards,

Quentin

-----Original Message-----
From: Antoine Isaac [mailto:aisaac@few.vu.nl]
Sent: Fri 23/11/2007 22:33
To: Reul, Q. H.; SWD WG
Subject: Re: Meeting record: 2007-11-20 SWD telecon
 
Hi Quentin,

Thanks for the minutes. But as we discussed then, the action

>  
> *[DROPPED]* *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
> relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
>   

was not dropped. Or I missed something (which I would not be pleased 
with as one of the Primer's editor ;-)...

Cheers,

Antoine
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>       Admin
>
> <scribe> PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Nov 6 telecon
>
> RESOLVED to accept minutes of the Nov 6 telecon
>
> Next telecons: 27 Nov 1600 UTC
>
>
>       SKOS
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair will to update deliverables for SKOS
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]*[DONE]*
>
> aliman Alistair's schedule for SKOS
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0036.html
> .... suggest to look @ alternative to be added to Editor's draft
> .... needing something about mapping
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* qreul to review Editor's draft [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action02]
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* vit to review Editor's draft [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action03]
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus write draft section in primer on
> relationship between SKOS concepts and OWL classes for OWL DL users
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action05]
> *[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair to update semantics document to listing ways
> in which SKOS diverges from OWL DL [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action06] *[DROPPED]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair will to update deliverables for SKOS
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action02]
> *[DONE]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ed to write suggest some text about SKOS message for
> SWEO Semantic Web FAQ [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/06-swd-minutes.html#action24]*[DONE]*
>
> edsu http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0030.html
> .... Ed suggested changes about way SKOS is presented
> .... SKOS is an ontology that can be reused
> .... SKOS could help Flickr (folksonomies) to be published
>
> Guus suggests to wait a few days and sent it before the next telecon to
> SWEO
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ed to send review to SWEO by next telecon [recorded
> in http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action13]
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Tom to amend proposals to for accepting minimal
> relation labels [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/23-swd-minutes.html#action12] *[DONE]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus to prepare material for next week
> on Concept Schemes vs OWL Ontologies [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action04][CONTINUES]
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Guus to write up the issue [of Label Resource] and
> add to the issue list. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/09-swd-minutes.html#action01] *[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph to reconstruct proposal for semantics of
> isDefinedBy [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/30-swd-minutes.html#action02] *[CONTINUES]*
>
> edsuSKOS Top priority
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0043.html
>
> aliman describe the different issues to be resolved for first
> publication
> .... f2f identified issue 39
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/39 
> and issue 56 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/56
> .... propose adding issues on SKOS documentation (issue 27
> http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/27)
> .... also raised issue 64 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/64
> and issue 65 http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/65
>
> Antoine says the mapping is very important and will produce a document
> next 
> .... week but wonders whether should concentrate on SKOS documentation
> properties
>
> Guus happy to leave SKOS documentation out too
>
> aliman wonders whether we can stick with what has been defined so far
> .... issue 27 need to be resolved
>
> Guus suggest that solution to issue 26 can be reused
>
> aliman informs that we currently have a link to a literal
> .... propose having one property linking to a literal
>
> Antoine thinks that both issues have the same technical problem
> .... and should use the same solution
>
> Guus assumed that the group would use his proposal to solve issue 26
> .... but highlights that current proposal could cause a problem with
> issue 27
>
> aliman happy to own issue 64 and 65
>
> Guus takes over issue 27
>
> aliman suggests that the solution to issue 56 is whether or not it is in
> the scope of the 1st SKOS document
> .... potential treading on logical language such as OWL
>
> Guus suggests that seanb to take over issue 56
>
> <edsu> seanb++
>
>
>       RDFa
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ben and Michael to address comments by Tom [regarding
> maintenance of wiki document http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa]
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action14]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
> (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action03] *[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ben to update RDFa schedule in wiki
> [http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/RDFa#RDFa_schedule] [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/10/08-swd-minutes.html#action04] *[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Guus/Tom to propose joint decisions for reviews for
> major [RDFa] steps/transition requests. Informal agreement about working
> drafts. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action17]*[CONTINUES]*
>
>
>       Recipes
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Dan to ask apache about conditional redirects
> [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action18]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Diego to recast Recipe 6 [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action19]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Guus/Tom to solicit reviewers for the Recipes
> document. [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action20]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Jon to add words that acknowledge the existence of
> RDFa as [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action21]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Jon to make changes as proposed [with regard to
> Issue-23] [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action22]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
> behavior" [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action23]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:*Ralph to come up with a URI for wiki page [for Recipes
> implementations] [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action24]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
> Recipes] [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action25]*[CONTINUES]*
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* TF leaders to prepare a version of Recipes for review
> in December [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action26]*[CONTINUES]*
>
>
>       VOCABULARY MANAGEMENT
>
> <scribe> *ACTION:* Vit and Elisa to include in the document all the
> target sections plus an allocation of sections to people and potentially
> a standard structure for sections [recorded in
> http://www.w3.org/2007/11/20-swd-minutes.html#action27]*[CONTINUES]*
>
>       AOB
>
> SWEO request for input to Semantic Web FAQ re: SKOS
> see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Nov/0002.html
>
>
> ******************************************
> * Quentin H. Reul                        *
> * PhD Research Student                   *
> * Department of Computing Science        *
> * University of Aberdeen, King's College *
> * Room 238 in the Meston Building        *
> * ABERDEEN AB24 3UE                      *
> * Phone: +44 (0)1224 27 4485             *
> * http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~qreul       *
> ******************************************
>
>
>
>   
Received on Saturday, 24 November 2007 13:05:17 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:51 UTC