RE: AW: [SKOS] Proposed Resolution for ISSUE 26: RelationshipBetweenLabels

Hi all,

I'd like to suggest a structure for making proposals. The structure
should help us avoid arguing at cross-purposes, by forcing us to make
our assumptions explicit. It should also help us to investigate in
detail the possible consequences of any specific proposal for software
applications, enabling us to make a highly informed decision.

One of the points I'd like to make about the argument between the
various design patterns laid out in [6] is that there are in fact *many
possible proposals* within each design pattern, each of which may have
*radically different semantics*. It only really makes sense to argue for
or against a *specific proposal* for which all the details are given as
illustrated below.

(Using Guus' original proposal [1] as an example...)

First, give the vocabulary of the proposal, e.g.:

skos:LabelRelation skos:labelRelationSubject skos:labelRelationObject

Second, give axiomatic triples using RDF and RDFS vocabularies, e.g.:

skos:labelRelationSubject rdfs:domain skos:LabelRelation.
skos:labelRelationSubject rdfs:range rdfs:Literal.
skos:labelRelationObject rdfs:domain skos:LabelRelation.
skos:labelRelationObject rdfs:range rdfs:Literal.

Third, give any further semantic conditions on the interpretation of the
vocabulary, that cannot be expressed as axiomatic triples. Semantic
conditions should be given formally, following the style used in *yellow
tables* in [2] (see e.g. the yellow table at [3]). E.g.:

(None required for Guus' original proposal [1].)

Fourth, give examples of consistent usage. E.g.: